Over our ten year history, Pathfinder Change Management Consultants have been an exciting company to work with. We are essentially a small team working together to achieve ambitious goals for our clients and our company. The individuals that are attracted to work with Pathfinder are people that are looking for the freedom and flexibilty that comes from working with a small dynamic company combined with the self drive and work ethics to contribute to the organisation's continued success.
We're always on the lookout for talent
We currently have a vacancy for a consulting manager, based at our Dublin office. Travel is required as part of the role. The role is permanent and a detailed job description has been provided below. If you are interested in this position please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We require a project manager, with a successful track record of business and / or IT project delivery, to take responsibility for small to medium client projects or workstreams on larger programmes.
The successful candidate should have ambition to take on bigger challenges and a commitment to developing both their own and others project management skills.
As a consulting project manager, the role involves:
- Selection of appropriate delivery methodologies and design of project governance
- Formation of teams and assessment of resource capability
- External 3rd party / vendor management
- Development of estimates / schedule of work for teams
- Understanding of the “Definition of Done” for overall team and what success for our clients’ entails.
- Understanding resource requirements (human / non human resources) and ensuring responsibilities are clear and communicated to the team and the client
- Creation of budgets and understanding of financial aspects of planning and estimation including return on investment
- Accurate and complete steering reporting
- Management of change for projects (renegotiate, estimate impact)
As a consultant (either internal or external), responsible for:
- Customer Service and impeccable customer interactions
- Leadership in terms of building Pathfinder brand and reputation
- Personal Growth and Development (both personal and team development)
Administration for themselves and their teams (timesheets, invoices and expense management)
Key Experience and Skills
To be successful in the role we expect the candidate to have:
- A third level degree in a business, computing, science or engineering domain.
- At least 8 years total work experience in business change or project (non-operational) roles. Project based roles could cover both IT and business change projects and include development, testing business analysis, process design, standards and compliance, training and so on.
- At least 4 years’ of this experience should be in project leadership or management roles in either an IT, business change or mixed environment.
- At least 2 years’ of this experience should be as a consultant, either working with clients or as part of an internal consulting or business support team.
- Good working knowledge of generally used project delivery methodologies; experience of both traditional and agile approaches would be a bonus.
- Firm building experience such as methodology development, junior staff coaching or business development support is desirable but not essential.
- Certification in project management techniques is desirable but not essential.
A track record of other continuous career development or accreditation is desirable but not essential.
What Pathfinder Offers
The successful candidate will join a fast growing, successful consultancy business offering :
- A very attractive remuneration package including a discretionary bonus and other benefits.
- Varied and challenging project management assignments with a broad range of Irish and UK blue chip clients.
- A flat, open organisational structure that encourages fast progression and development.
- A support network for career development including on the job coaching, internal and external training and post graduate options.
The opportunity to contribute to the shape and future direction of the firm, including practice development, staff coaching, and development of new business offers for our clients.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV to email@example.com